We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do solo

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Things to do solo

I'm 24yrs old and will be visiting some time at the end of Aug. I will be traveling by myself and will not be renting a car. Are there things to do close by downtown as far as from sight seeing, restaurants, etc. Are there tour buses, tour groups, things like that.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,893 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do solo

How long will you be in Alaska? What are your interests? If you share more, we would be happy to try to help. :)

Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do solo

Maybe four or five days, not sure yet. Would like to enjoy the wild, restaurants, I don't really know what Alaska has to offer lol

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,893 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do solo

To be honest, I wouldn't plan to only come for 4 days, especially if you aren't going to rent a car. Public transport like bus and trains always takes longer and I wouldn't fly all the way to Alaska just to see Anchorage. I would do a bit more research here on the forum to learn a bit more about Alaska and what there is to do & see. :)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,603 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do solo

Are you here on business, or is this completely a "pleasure" trip and you have all of your days available for travel/tourism activities?

5. Re: Things to do solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:16