We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few hours in the evening

USA
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
A few hours in the evening

Hi, we'll be taking the Major Marine glacier cruise this Saturday. I think the cruise will be over by 6 p.m. My flight doesn't leave from ANC until midnight. We'll be traveling using a rental car. I figure the drive back to the airport will take about 2 hours. That leaves about 4 hours of free time. Any suggestions of things to do? We enjoy nature but are pretty open to any suggestions. I know we can stop along the road to sightsee, but any other specific recommendations of places to stop or parks nearby to visit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,331 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few hours in the evening

Walk into Byron Glacier. It's a beautiful mountain valley with lots of great scenery. Head up Crow Creek Rd. and take an easy hike into the hand tram t Winner Creek. Fun and a neat gorge to hang out over.

USA
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few hours in the evening

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

3. Re: A few hours in the evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:18