We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Clarence, New York...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Do not rent from ABC Motorhomes in Anchorage! They are VERY inefficient, they do not educate you on the RV properly and they are very understaffed. They rent out equipment that is non-working due to missing parts and their RVs are of the lowest quality. It took us over 4 hours to pick up & return our RV because they do not know what they are doing. There are much better places to rent RVs from in Anchorage, if you want to have an enjoyable vacation, rent from one of those.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,485 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Welcome to the forum. Do you really think they are the worst? How about this company?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k37989…

Funny how you join TA to post a rant but say nothing about the rest of your trip. Also, why didn't you fully vet the company before you rented? A simple 5 second google search before booking would have given you multiple reviews about this company. My guess is that you booked this company solely on price. Most people do. Then they are disappointed that they got what they paid for. Interesting.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

I wonder how the OP knows they are "the worst" or that there are better companies out there unless they have rented from them too.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

ABC is far from the worst... a good friend rented from them last year and liked them fine, he plans to use them again. I guess each to his own opinion...

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

We are two couples renting two RVs from ABC from September 5-16. We thoroughly researched this company on the Internet and with phone calls before signing the contract. They have very positive reviews. Also, in speaking with the staff at ABC, they have been very helpful and knowledgable.

I will do a review on my return as I feel that a highly negative review from a one time poster is not fair to a small company.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Thank you Paula042! You're correct, it isn't fair and it's good that others provide their first hand experiences too.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Hi Denise,

Welcome to TA. Sorry if you actually had a bad experience with ABC. If you want to make your complaint look legitimate how about including a trip report to detailing the "who, what and when" of your vacation in AK.

Also if you were a lot more concrete and a lot less subjective, I for one, would take your comments a little more seriously:

"ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from"

- to know this you would have to be able to rate all of the companies in AK to rent from...

"...they do not educate you...they do not know what they are doing..."

- if you are not educated on the motorhome how do you know if they do not know what they are doing?

"... their RVs are of the lowest quality."

- I frequently drive by their location and see their vehicles on the road every weekend and their (& GAH's) vehicles are among the newest and best looking rental motorhomes I see up here.

"There are much better places to rent RVs from in Anchorage..."

- So you have rented from some of the "better" places; when & who were they?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Thank you for using the TripAdvisor Complaint Box. Next time you should consider coming to TA *before* your trip - that way you can get some good advice that may help you avoid similar problems in the future.

Aside from your issues with the motorhome, how was the rest of your trip? Are you planning to post a trip report?

-JimG

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,485 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

>>Aside from your issues with the motorhome, how was the rest of your trip? Are you planning to post a trip report?

Wouldn't that be nice? Hopefully so. But if the poster is like most "one post wonders" they come here to vent then leave. Often such posters just want to slam a company (maybe they work for a competitor, maybe they are a disgruntled former employee, who knows) and never return. As you and sdpryde stated, more concrete info and a trip report would help give some credibility to this poster.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

Interestingly enough, she did post an actual review on one of the activities she did during their trip to Alaska . . . tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30955-d18… .

Groveland, FL
Level Contributor
118 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ABC Motorhomes are the WORST company to rent from

I am sorry that you were disappointed with ABC Motorhome Rentals. In a few days, I will be renting from

them for almost a month. This will be my third time using this company. I have no basis of comparison with other RV rental companies; however, I can say that I have been very pleased with ABC Motorhome Rentals so far. Personally, I don't hesitate to disparage poor business practices - but I also make it a point to recognize good companies whenever appropriate. Just my opinion (based on 2 separate prior experiences), ABC Motorhome Rentals is a good company that I recommend. I will be back in about a month to report on my most recent experience with the company.

I am not (nor have I ever been) affiliated with this company in any way - just a satisfied customer so far.