We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage Guest house Inn

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Anchorage Guest house Inn

I've been reading some comments on this Inn. I will be staying at on my trip to Anchorage. Most are very negative. Can anyone give me some positive insight. Will it be safe to leave my things at the hotel while I go out somewhere. Reason I ask is because I get in at 5:40 a.m. and check in isn't until 3:00 p.m. Are there any safety issues I should be concerned about. Please Advise. This will be my first time to Alaska and I don't want it to be my last.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

Can you give us a link to this exact business? The one I am coming up with is the old Days Inn on 5th Avenue.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

It is the GuestHouse Anchorage Inn at 321 East 5th Ave. Use to be the old "Days Inn'. That's what the advertisement said. Thanks Kawananaaulani

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

I hope you didn't pay too much for it. I stayed there once when it was the old Days Inn. Wasn't bad, but just not very well kept up. Maybe it is better now that it changed names?!

If you really want to check in before 2-3pm you will need to book the night before your arrival and make sure the hotel knows you will be arriving early the next morning.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 01:46
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

Thank you I will. I like traveling bymyself I just try to be aware of all things around me and learn something about where I am staying. Its always good to be safe. Mahalo Kawananaaulani

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

I think you will be safe. Just don't expect super spotless carpets, everything in the room to be in working order (a light bulb might be missing for example) or similar small but frustrating things. It made me think of hotels in Romania years ago - clean, but very little attention to detail that would have made it a much more pleasant experience.

It is in a good location for access to anything downtown. If you are driving, they have parking though it appeared there might be occasions when they have more cars than available spaces.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

I got it as a vacation package deal from Honolulu to Anchorage. My family knows where I will be staying and my friends here at work. I am kind of excited to go to Alaska. I work with someone here from Anchorage and he's very nice. Great personality. Thanks for your input Aulani

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

Thanks for your help. Really, do appreciate it. I don't plan to be driving but, will be able to get around town I'm sure. Hey, I guess its an adventure. Talk to you later Aulani

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

How is the weather during Aug? Please Advise

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

When in August?

This might help you:

climate-zone.com/climate/…

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anchorage Guest house Inn

I will be there Aug 18th. Thank you for the info. Don't mind the cool weather. It is so hot here in Honolulu. Volcanoe has been very active on the Big Island and the beaches here from Waikiki to Anaehoomalu are just beautiful and prestine. Aulani