We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Places

Just asking about any places to be more aware of when traveling alone. Any input would be appreciated.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,931 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places

What kind of places are you referring to? A few more details will be helpful. Where are you staying?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,293 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places

You should add this question (elaborate on the question) to your original thread and delete this thread.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places

I am staying at the Anchorage Guesthouse Inn. I would like to go to community programs at night and dinner and shopping. Not into the bar scene. Just trying to be aware. Aulani

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places

That's ok. I'll figure it out. Thanks for your help Aulani

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places

The area you are staying in will be busy during business hours and will have a bit of foot traffic into the evening. Areas north and east of the hotel are more industrial and not areas you want to be walking around in later in the evening hours alone. Fourth Ave will be busy at night with bar patrons and the tourists. Depending on when you will be in Anchorage you should have plenty of daylight. The Public Lands Information Center and The Anchorage Visitor Center(log Cabin) are both located on W 4th Ave. I lived/worked there and walked around the area alone and never felt threatened or unsafe just use common sense and you should be fine. West on 5th Ave is the primary shopping/restaurant area with a mall and plenty of shops. The bus station on 6th attracts the usual homeless and teens but it is safe to catch a bus there.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places

Thank you for the information. That is what I wanted to hear. As far as teenagers and homeless at the bus stops we have them here also. Homeless campout at the bus stops a lot. I will watch were I go and be vigalent. Aulani

7. Re: Places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23