We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with shuttle to train depot

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with shuttle to train depot

the last post on this subject is 3 years old so does anyone know of a hotel that has an airport shuttle as well as a way to get to the train depot for the very early train(5:45) other than a taxi.Thanks

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

If you do a search on a typical hotel search engine, it will list info about free shuttles - both to the airport and to the train depot. If you stayed downtown in Anchorage, you possibly wouldn't even need shuttle to the train, since it is very close. :)

Mentioned in this post
Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

I don't know of any hotels that have a way to get to the train depot. The Comfort Inn Ship Creek is only about a block from the train station and they have a shuttle from the airport, but the cost of staying there might be more than staying in the Anchorage Grand (which is a bit closer to the depot) and just getting a cab from the airport. That cab will cost you about $20.

The Comfort Inn Ship Creek does have a 24 hour shuttle that they say takes you downtown as well as to the airport, so you might call and ask them if they will take you the block or so to the depot.

Mentioned in this post
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
581 Reviews
Anchorage, AK
Anchorage Grand Hotel
Anchorage Grand Hotel
408 Reviews
Anchorage, AK
Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

I'm pretty sure the Clarion Suites runs a shuttle to the airport and train depot. I would suggest giving them a call to double check: http://www.clarionsuitesak.com/

(907) 222-5005

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

The Ramada Inn will probably take you there too. I've used their shuttle service and it's very reliable, even at 1am.

Level Contributor
595 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

I believe the Comfort Suites by the airport goes to both the train and the airport.

Herts England
Level Contributor
191 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek, unless you have mobility issues it is literally a 5 minute walk to the train depot........

Mentioned in this post
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
581 Reviews
Anchorage, AK
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

Anchorage HiIton Garden Inn has shuttle to train depot 24/7.

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: hotel with shuttle to train depot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21