We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooks Falls Bear Watching Day Trip

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Brooks Falls Bear Watching Day Trip

I am planning a day trip to Brooks Camps early July. From what I read in the forums, the day trip is not very ideal, but given my time constraints this was the only option I had. I could find out three operators that provide this service from Anchorage - Katmailand, Regal, and Rusts. Only Regal and Rusts have availability on the day I was looking at. Can anyone offer their preferences on these two operators? Both seem to offer very similar itineraries, but Rusts is around $50 more per person. Thanks.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooks Falls Bear Watching Day Trip

I have used Rust's for many trips but not Brooks. I highly recommend them.

Winder, Georgia
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooks Falls Bear Watching Day Trip

I flew with Rust's to Brooks 3 years ago & they are a top notch company to deal with. Had a delay to start due to clouds at Brooks, although Anchorage was clear. Wonderful flight down over Cook Inlet, passing Redoubt & Iliamna. The salmon were just starting to run, so not too many in the river, but still saw 12-15 bears, between the camp & at the falls. Even had a short bear jam at the bridge. Definitely a bucket list trip.

3. Re: Brooks Falls Bear Watching Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17