We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

Which L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

We are travelling to France next year and can only go to so many places!

Have looked at both Annecy and L'Isle sur la Sorgue and they both look so beautiful. We can only select one as we are going to 3 other towns and would like to spend a week in each and of course Paris.

Would very much appreciate thoughts on these 2 villages.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

What is your itinerary ? From where are you arriving and where are you heading after ?

It might help having the big picture to give you more precise opinion as those two places are lovely for diffrent reasons. Also at what time of the year are you planning your trip ?

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

We are looking at August/September, I know it's quite a bit in advance but last time we travelled to France quite a few places that we liked were booked out 9 months before.

We are arriving in Paris and after a week there we will (and probably not in this order) go to Lyon, St. Remy de Provence, and one of the other mentioned places. I know Annecy is a lot further away and L'Isle sur la Sorgue is much closer to St. Remy but that isn't a problem as we are willing to travel there. Getting there is always so interesting as you go through little villages that are so lovely and I know they are in completely different locations, but I guess I'm asking what other people have found they preferred of the 2 places. Thanks for replying.

3. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 December 2015, 11:47
Edited: 30 December 2015, 11:47
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

Agree with Diz. If you already plan a week in St. Rémy, you can visit Isle-sur-la-Sorgue during that week.

In these circumstances, I'd add Annecy, absolutely breathtaking.

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

I love Annecy; the lake and the nearby hills give a totally different view and feel to that of around St Remy area, and it will be a total contrast to your other bases. I find I can really breathe easily in summer in that area despite the heat due to the water and hills; when it's hot there, there's always a cooler place to escape to, often out on the water.

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

Thank you all very much. We were leaning to Annecy so feel good about it now.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

With your itinerary and for the reasons stated above, add a vote for Annecy.

From St-Remy you will have the chance to visit Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. The old town, the lake and the surroundings of Annecy are really beautiful and will give you a taste of another region of France.

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

Thanks, it sounds beautiful.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

I haven't been to L'Isle sur la Sorgue, but I'll be in Annecy this September -- happy to message you after I get back and let you know how it was/weather that time of year, etc.

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: L'Isle sur la Sorgue or Annecy?

That would be very kind of you. Would love to know the weather then, it differs so much on the sites I've looked at. Have a great time and look forward to hearing from you.