We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Which L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
139 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Do you know how I might meet a local beekeeper and buy local honey?

I'm a beekeeper at home and I love meeting up with beeks from other parts of the world and sampling their honey.

Has anyone got any leads on L'Isle (or adjacent) beekeepers?

And many thanks, again, to all of you. Your help has really helped pull the planning together.

Dick

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Easy one. Go to the morning market in L'Isle sur la Sorgue (it's huge). There are several vendors there that that sell their own honey.

Every large market in the area have vendors who sell their honey.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Good input from datthecoast...

There's a family near Bonnieux who have a honey shop on the main street of the village, Entre Miel et Terre. tourisme-en-luberon.com/tourisme2/index.php… They sell all types of their honey and products made from honey... really nice people too. They sell at the market in Bonnieux on Fridays as well.

Another member of the Agnel family has a farm near Gordes and they also sell at markets. You could visit the farm as well. If you take the back road out of the Abbaye de Senanque, toward Murs, you'll come to a point where the road ends and you must turn right or left (left to Murs, right back to Gordes)... the farm is right there. guidegastronomique.ch/produits/…

Kathy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Early in our 2011 holiday in France, we went to the market in Malaucène and bought a jar of lavender honey that lasted us for our 6 weeks in France. This was the display of honeys and jams: nickbooth.id.au/Europe11/…marketjam.jpg

You will find stands like this at any market in France.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
139 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

Wonderful help......another printout for my trip file...and some fun exploring.... and thanks again to all.

Dick

5. Re: An off-the-wall query for you local experts....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:18