We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Bay Hotel

Which Sissi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Bay Hotel

Can anyone tell me if there are plenty of restaurants in easy walking distance of this hotel and by easy I mean not too far and not steep hills?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

Yes must 30 restuarants withn a short walk, take your insect repelant, always get bites when I call in at Palm bay.

Edited: 29 June 2010, 14:36
Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

Thanks for the response - does Palm Bay have more mosquitos than anywhere else then?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,085 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

I have never experienced any Mosquitos while staying at the Palm Bay but then I use 'Avon Skin so Soft'.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

No suppose not really, I think they like the shade of the palm tree's. We used the hotel for a drink most nights, so they saw me as a regular source to drain.

A lot of people reccomend the avon skin soft, including some amercian special forces soldier I met who where training in Scotland who swore by it.

Conjures up a picture armed to the teeth waiting for avon lady.

Any way enjoy Sissi.

Edited: 06 July 2010, 13:58
Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

I don't know if this applies all over Greece but I have just been talking to someone who has just been to Skiathos and he said the mosquito problem was really bad because of the cutbacks they did not do the usual spraying of the breeding grounds.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

I've just come back from Sissi and have yet to properly review these tavernas but you can have a precis.

Mike's Place is close to Palm Bay and very good.

He sit's outside and tells you what the "specials" for the night are on your way into the village.

It's recommended and whilst it's not the prettiest view the food is local and authentic.

Neromilos and Liofito are almost next to each other on the way out of Sissi towards the national highway.

I don't know if you have mobility problems or just don't like walking but they are a by a country mile the best tavernas in the area.

Get taxi's if you must but go to them both they are exceptional.

The standard of fare offered along the seafront is remarkably ordinary and has gone up in price quite steeply this year.

I can't recommend any of them to you and in fact would suggest avoiding them and especially Paradise Cove which used to be brilliant but is now awful, it's opposite Mike's Place as you walk in from Palm Bay.

Enjoy Sissi!

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

Hi George, hope you had a brilliant time. Was hoping to get your advice re where to stay. Have rather gone off Palm Bay after reading that it was up a steep hill. I don't have mobility problems and can walk a fair distance as long as it's flat. It's just the hills that cause me problems.

I am having trouble getting the georgraphy of Sissi straight in my head as to the location of the village and restaurants to the various hotels and apartments.

Thinking of either Mariegianna or Anixi. Can you put me straight on which is the most convenient for the harbour and restaurants.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

All 3 of these properties are within a couple of hundred yards of each other (see google earth) and are all up the same hill which I have to say isn't too daunting.

You've probably read about my thoughts on Anixi and it's owners so I would be biased and say that I would choose there but Palm Bay looks fine for you too.

I wouldn't worry about the hill and just get a taxi now and again.

Have a great time in Sissi and thank you we had a ball!!

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

Thanks George, it looks as though Marigianna is the cheapest option but still not completely decided.

It seems from your previous post the standards are dropping in some of the restaurants. Do you think this is down to the economy?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Bay Hotel

I was speaking to the owner of some appt in Sissi last night and she says the hotels are busy, but not the restaurants, perhaps to do with the all inclusives. The Marigianna appts are nice, manos the owner is usually on site. Think I have seen a few grumbles about the rooms but Its not to expensive. If your confident driving think about car hire from the airport, as taxi fares probably cover 3/4 days car hire.

Just looked at there website prretty much as is.

Get answers to your questions about Sissi