We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Accrington...
Level Contributor
33 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Any suggestions please for local bars/tavernas/restaurants in Sissi thanks

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Have a look at the Sissi "restaurants" part of the site for detailed reviews on lots of tavernas and on "things to do" for one of the bars.

I've reviewed many of them and don't want to repeat myself plus my reviews are only my opinion and other reviewers occasionally disagree.

Other bars of note are Anixi and Sunset Bar(mini golf) for watching the sun set over the sea.

If you need more detailed information just ask!

Have a great time.

UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Tynecastle is right about checking the info suggested.

We have been going to Sissi for a few years and for one reason or another tried Mike's Place for the first time last year and shall certainly be visiting again this August. Many of the restaurants are tourist traps because Sissi is a small resort but Mike's Place had the atmosphere just right and the food was plentiful and reasonably priced......Good luck.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

i can recomend the pink flamingo (near the crossroads and opposite a supermarket and car hire place) food is brill and so is george. enjoy your stay

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

i can fully recomend thepink flamingo (opposite a supermarket and a car hire place, near the maritimo hotel) great food and wonderful host george and family. enjor your stay

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

also the hemmingway bar is great to watch the sunsets atfer a day of sitting in the su

lytham uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

I second that about Mike's place - most authentic greek family food we ate and great value for money. Most places are overpriced from what we found and much of the food from places on the harbour was the kind of pre-packaged, pre-frozen stuff you get sometimes in more touristy places.

Only other place i'd recommend ....and you'll have to bear with me here....is reached as follows. Go to the main crossroads in town on the main road and go towards the big hotel, which alledgedly has a big beach....think was an easterly direction. On the right hand side not long after you set off there's a small bar/taverna, it has simple checked table cloths, an outer dining area with a wicker roof (i think) and paintings of places in Crete at the tops of all the walls. The menu is in Greek first and it seems to be run by a family, who refreshingly, don't appear to speak much english. There's an inner dining area with a large stone pizza oven to the left at the entrance. We had pizza, sardines and white beans - was the best value for money and also really authentically greek grilled style food (obviously pizza isn't traditionally greek but it was delicious!). We went here on our second to last night and, having already decided to return to Mike's place for our last night, we were sorry we hadn't discovered it earlier and wouldn't be returning.

If you see a place like i've tried to describe then give it a go! :)

There's a nice cocktail bar on the front too - trendy looking place with Ibiza style wicker couches and lbackground house music - expensive but very delicious cocktails and a nice atmosphere if you fancy a treat! :)

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

I think the taverna sarlou82 talks about is called Anatoli if that helps.

lytham uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

yeh that sounds right - thanks! :)

Accrington...
Level Contributor
33 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Thanks Sarah for your suggestions I really appreciate your comments

Not long to go now only two weeks and we will be there, can't wait.

Which hotel did you stay at in Sissi?

Regards

Anne

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,776 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars/tavernas in Sissi Any recommendations please

Jolly Rodger Bar at the far east end of the village on the shore is good with a view of the sea with outdoor terracing and entertainment some nights. Agree about Pink Flamingo and George is full of advice on places to explore of the main tourist trails. and you must go and try the best Kebabs in the world.

Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations