We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madame Jeanette

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Madame Jeanette

Does anyone know if Madame Jeanette is open at present. We intend visiting Sissi again this September and have enjoyed our previous visits to this restaurant.

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Madame Jeanette

I am afraid Madame Jeanette is closed and probably will not open again this season.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madame Jeanette

Many thanks for the prompt reply, this is what I feared. Not to worry we found the quality of food at the other restaurants around Sissi very good.

Akron, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Madame Jeanette

All - Just confirmed with our Marriott concierge that Madame Jeanette's is open for business. In fact, they are now open on Sunday. We have confirmed this via several sources and have reservations for 7:30 pm tonight. If I find this to not be the case, I will post and update later

Akron, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Madame Jeanette

All -My wife and I just returned from the most wonderful dinner at Madame Jeanette's and can confirm that Madame Jeanette's is open for business. In fact, they are now open on all year and are no longer closed in June. The posting that indicated they are closed for the season is false. I spoke with Christian, the owner, to notify him of this false posting as well. As a quick review... they currently are featuring their annual white asparagus menu. We had one of their featured appetizers as well as features from their regular menu and the food and service were superb. I will provide a separate review but can say that it was a 5 out of 5 for both food and service.

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madame Jeanette

Are you talking about Madame Jeanette in Sisi or you are comfused with another place? And if they are open, where are they, because they aren't where they used to be.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madame Jeanette

I would be inclined to trust the posts of "Anixi" as his distinguished establishment is only a few hundred yards from where Madam Jeanette was situated!

As you say there are plenty other good places to enjoy in Sissi including Anixi!

Sissi, Crete
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Madame Jeanette

Just to confirm Anixi's post, Madame Jeanette has closed down and is empty now. Sorry, but I am sure you will still enjoy your holiday in Sissi once again.

Edited: 02 June 2011, 12:54
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madame Jeanette

Many thanks for the reply.

We're visiting Sissi at the end of September and enjoyed MJ's for a meal last year. Like I said the standard of the food around Sissi is very good so we will be well catered for.

Akron, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Madame Jeanette

Apparently the closed establishment is a different Madame Jeanette's. The Madame Jeanette's in Aruba is definately open. Again, I have personally confirmed this and had the best meal of our trip at this establishment. I even spoke with the owner to inform him of the potential issue with this post.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Madame Jeanette

How is it possible to confuse a restaurant in Aruba with a taverna posted on the Sissi Crete forum?

Thanks for informing us that both the consierge of the Marriot Hotel (presumably situated somewhere in Aruba) and you can definitively tell us that it's open!

Have a nice day!

Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations