We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sissi in october

England
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
sissi in october

Hello out there

i am looking at booking the Castello Boutique for October Half term. Happy to hire a car for the day - but i'd love to know if you think there will be bars and places to eat within walking distance for our evening meal that late in the season.

Many thanks in advance

Sissi Mini Golf
Playgrounds, Game & Entertainment Centres, Mini Golf
Crete Safari
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sissi in october

Hi there

You may find that this late in the season many places will be closing down ... The season offically ends last week of October ......Sissi doesnt stay open during the winter.....we went to sissi in December and everything was closed down... I would look to book somewhere that has a year round population rather than a resort ... Why not look at Rethymnon or Agios Nikoloas both are open all year round and both just under an hours drive from Herkalion airport too.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sissi in october

You will not have any trouble finding a taverna or bar in October.

Many stay open all year, certainly most of the good ones do.

The places that shut are aimed primarily at the tourist market, those frequented by local people (and enlightened others) stay open.

I'll leave the correlation to yourself!

Enjoy Sissi

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sissi in october

Hi most places do start closing down during oct but I know of so many people going in oct this year it is looking like Sissi will be quite busy this year so I would be very surprised if many close down early this year.

You have a great choice within 5 mins of where you are staying, might get a bit cool at night so take a cardi or something.

Enjoy Sissi .

Sissi, Crete
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sissi in october

It is true that the end of october is the end of the season and maybe a few places might close a bit early, but in general most are open through to the last week. As Tyncastle says, there are also places open the whole year round as well and frequented by the locals. You will be 5 mins walk max! from the village and its bars and tavernas. Relax and enjoy.

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sissi in october

We stay open until the end of October as do most other places. Bear in mind that the weather does change during October and it would be wise to bring cardies and fleeces for the night especially, and also at that time it can rain a fair bit in the day and night. Hiring a car would be a wise move especially on cloudy days when it won't be nice enough to venture down to the beach. If you come in October,(especially at the end), you do take pot luck with the weather, so sight seeing is best

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
22,150 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sissi in october

MG must have been unlucky on the day she visited ;-)

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sissi in october

Goanjock this post is over a year old..I am sure the original poster is back now :-)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
22,150 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sissi in october

MG....it is though relevant to a recent thread (which you have been posting on) and last I checked October is October every year ;-)

9. Re: sissi in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations