We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Galway
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Hi. Big Sissi fan and love swimming in the harbour staying in Palm Bay. Wrecked my knee and am bit dodgy on uneven surfaces. Breaks my heart but think beach may be too much of a challenge this June. Any suggestions hotel near flat sandy beach. Not malia! Thanks

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Hello gallimhgirl

Sorry to hear about your knee :-(. I. Would suggest you look at Elounda .. Beach is sandy and in the very centre of Elounda lots of good accomdation near by too ....or did you mean a beach near to Sissi ....???

Edited: 25 March 2014, 22:17
2. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 03:47
3. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 03:47
Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Kalimera Kriti has a great beach if your budget is up to it!

Makrigialos on the south coast has a spectacular beach with accomodation to be had stepping out onto the sand. I have stayed in Villa Plori and can recommend it.

Taverna's and bars are within seconds of the rooms again on the beach if you don't want to walk too much.

Bad news about your knee!

Galway
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Thanks. Love palm bay and the vibe in sissi but can see me getting stuck going up or down those rocks. I'll check out your suggestions

Galway
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Ah well if they could just install nice steps. In time for my arrival in June! Might check out Elounda. Any hotel names near or on beach. Like to swim chill out read

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

If you hire a car you can go to Potamos beach which is my favourite in the area. I know it's Malia and you specifically said not Malia but it's a great beach that is too far for the noisy hordes to have found yet.You can park right behind it and access to the sea is very easy.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,921 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

I am pretty sure that if you enter the harbour from the other side (near Ormos) you wouldn't have any rocks to climb down. As Tynecastle says Potomas is a lovely beach only a short drive from Sissi.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

If you would like to catch up on Sissi news including a great aerial video of flying along Sissi and Milatos coastline look here for an early spring fix (If viewed in Chrome browser it will offer to translate automatically)

…blogspot.co.uk/search/…99

Sissi, Greece
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dodgy knee sissi fan easier beach

Hi

You can check the hotel Meli palace which is in Agia Barbara Sissi.

About 2,5km west from Palm bay and the beach over there is sandy.

Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations