We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips from sissi

Which Sissi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
trips from sissi

We are going to crete for the first time in sept staying at palm bay sissi ,we really would like to visit spinalonga is there any yours go from sissi and how much roughly ? Or is it too far ? Thank you in advance :-)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trips from sissi

We had a car so I am not sure of the cost but there are numerous tours that you can book from Sissi. If driving it's about a 30/40 minute drive to Plaka and it was certainly one of the highlights of our adventure last year https:/…

Edited: 11 April 2014, 22:40
Nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trips from sissi

Thanks hopefully we can get then , never driven abroad am not very confident

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trips from sissi

Hi bev

I'm a real baby when it comes to driving in Crete, but I don't mind driving on the national road .....which is the majority of the drive is from Sissi to Elounda...just take your time :-)

If you don't fancy driving then you could catch the bus? Unfortunately Sissi doesn't have much of a bus service from the resort itself so you would need to either walk or get a taxi to the main or national road then catch the bus Into Agios Nikolaos, then change buses to Plaka, and then it's the boats across to the island, alternatively you could book a trip from the tour operators in resort....just don't book with the package tour operators they will charge you a fortune :-(

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trips from sissi

You have mad a great choice in Sissi and I am sure you will fall in love with it as much as we did. I found driving really easy but don't worry there are numerous places in Sissi that offer tours etc including Spinilonga (some of the tours include a BBQ or lunch etc.). Any questions at all on Sissi just ask away and have a wonderful holiday :-)

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trips from sissi

There are many organised tours to Spinalonga picking up from various points all over Sissi or you could just catch the early bus (9ish) to Agios Nikolaos and make your own way there.

Enjoy Sissi!

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trips from sissi

Great choice in Sissi and the Palm Bay, right next door to the harbour beach and just a short walk to town.

On you way to and from everything you will pass many places offering trips to Spinalonga, all charge about the same but I cant remember the costs, as Goanjock says they offer different trips inc lunch and visits to other places on the same day.

It is a full day out but everyone we have spoke to says they fully enjoyed it .

Nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trips from sissi

So excited thank you all for replying do you have a rough idea of the cost of a trip there ? Not to bothered about bbq so maybe the bus in and make my own way there may work also is there any websites to see the trips prior to going ? Sorry for so many questions and those photos are stunning goanjock !

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trips from sissi

Thanks Bev :-) our full adventure in Crete (based in Sissi and all taken within a 40/50km radius of Sissi) https:/… if you want a nosy ;-)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trips from sissi

Hi there

Ok if you wanted to get the bus into Agios and then make your own arrangements with the tour boats from the harbour, the first one leaves at 10 and last year the cost was 13/14 euros...alternatively if you wanted to then catch the bus into Plaka, it will cost you 8 euros for the return boat trip from Plaka, and a further 2 euros to get onto the island ..

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trips from sissi

Might be worth dropping Malia Travel an email asking them for their 2014 prices for trips, they have a place in Sissi and I know quite a few people used these for their trips.

www.maliatravel.eu

I really wouldn't like to give you a bum stear on pricing.

Get answers to your questions about Sissi