We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or bus to malia?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
taxi or bus to malia?

What the cost of a taxi to Malia please? We are 2 adults and 1child so wondered if bus was cheaper or not? Thanks☺

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,934 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

I think a taxi is about 15 euros (I have never caught a taxi as we hire a car but I am sure I have read the price on the forums).

p.s. or you could catch the morning bus (0930) and then get a taxi back

Edited: 16 August 2014, 14:18
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,934 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

The taxi rank is in the middle of the village close to the harbour (I can give exact directions depending on where you are staying if you want).

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,387 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

Hi there

Yes the bus will be cheaper, but there is limited buses from Sissi, (in fact I think one a day) the other alternative is to walk from Sissi to the national road where there are lots more buses :-)

Here is a link to the bus timetables which you may find useful

bus-service-crete.com/timetabledet.php…

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,934 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

If you are feeling fit (or Jnr is as well :-) ) then you can also walk to Malia. There is about more including directions to Malia Ruins and Potomas Beach on this thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g608862-i11239-k…

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

Taxi is anything from 15 euros to 25, agree a price before you get in. The taxi rank is right outside Remezzo in the harbour, but it's always worth asking your hotel/apt owners as they usually have a taxi driver they use regularly and may get you a better price.

The one bus that comes into Sissi picks up outside Knossos supermarket between 9.15 - 9.30 but you will need to get a taxi back.

You can walk up to the national road and get a regular bus service, any bus going to a Heraklion will go through Malia, it will take anything from 20-30 mins to walk up there depending on his fast you walk.

If it's Potomas beach you want then it's about a 45 min walk, but if you mean Malia town etc, then double it.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

Thanks everyone for the info.

Selkirk, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

Hi, we walked into Malia, it was a good walk but it was May and an overcast day, wouldn' t do it in the heat! We asked the waiter in the bar we finished up in to phone a taxi for us for the return journey, no problem at all and we just asked the driver how much it would be before we got in. €15. What a contrast between Sissi and Malia tho! Was mad even that early in the season! Or maybe Im just old!

8. Re: taxi or bus to malia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Sissi
Recent Conversations