We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going on. Tuesday

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Going on. Tuesday

Off to sissi and so looking forward to it. Staying at Bella vista it's going to be our 29 wedding anniversary and I've just turned 52 so two celebrations. It confuses me about what side of town people are on ? Is there a difference what side am I on , and has anyone had experience of this hotel . If I do want to pop into another hotel to sample their bar would I just be able to walk in as I do like a swim up bar any recommendations for anything will be greatly appreciated. Will also visit malia at least once just to say I been . No. At just legs and happy train .

Mentioned in this post
Bella Beach Hotel
Bella Beach Hotel
1,111 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Sissi Mini Golf
Playgrounds, Game & Entertainment Centres, Mini Golf
Crete Safari
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going on. Tuesday

Hi, it makes no difference what side your on, the opposite side is nearer the beaches that's all.

The Bella vista is the Malia side and probably the furthest out of all hotels etc, but very nice.

You can go in anyones bar, most welcome you to use their pool etc.

From the Bella vista, the first place you will find on walking in is the Alexandros, on the left, lovely family and do nice food.

Next, out of the Alex, take the next left, walk down to the sea and on the left you will find Anixi, the most wonderful welcoming family, the bar is open to all for drinks and food, and the best view of the sea and sunsets, sit back and enjoy.Billy, Eleni and Jack will make you very welcome.

If you want a swim up bar and use a pool then from the Alex, head straight towards the centre, after the Pink Flamingo on your right, and opposite newline car hire, you will see a lane on the right with a large sign on the corner advertising the MariGianna, walk up the lane, on the left you will see the Marigianna, at the back of the car park you will see an opening in the hedge, go through and you will see the bar and pool.

Billy the son and Manos the father will make you feel very welcome and you can use all the facilities including swim up bar .

If you would like anymore recommendations please ask but these are the best in my opinion on this side.

Mentioned in this post
Anixi Apartments
Anixi Apartments
227 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Alexandros
Alexandros
467 Reviews
Crete, Greece
MariGianna Apartments
MariGianna Apartments
286 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Bella Beach Hotel
Bella Beach Hotel
1,111 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going on. Tuesday

I was going to post a reply but Tony has made it easy so I will stick to ditto :-)

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,268 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going on. Tuesday

Bella Vista is one of 'Tynecastle's favorite hotels and it is a pleasant walk into the village, Hemingways is a great place to drop in for a drink and by your age you will probably love Alan's taste in music, Joly Rodger at the far end is a good place for a bit of entertainment and a drink. and Daniel will make you very welcome. Malia,! would you want to go out for the night with your grandchildren? Or do you just want to say your the oldest swinger in town LOL

Mentioned in this post
Bella Beach Hotel
Bella Beach Hotel
1,111 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
4. Re: Going on. Tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sissi