We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

Which Springfield hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

I'm going to St Louis this fall, and would love to take the train from Springfield to St Lou.

I'd drive to Springfield, spend a day seeing it, then hopefully park in the Amtrak station and go to St Lou for 2-3 days and then back.

Can I leave a car there for 3 days? Is there a place to leave a car??

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,485 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

http://maps.google.com/ - will help you locate nearby parking.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
447 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

We took the train from St. Louis to Chicago and back last weekend. I do recall seeing plenty of parking around the Springfield Amtrak station.

Have a good time.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

You might be lucky enough to snag a free spot at the station - do not use the extended lot behind the station, though. the private owner is CRANKY and has cars towed on a regular basis. Only the two lanes right directly behind the station are free parking for the train station. You can park your car in the Garage just south of the station for a very reasonable price - I think I remember signs saying $8.00 a day - and it will be under cover and watched that way. (although the area is safe.)

Have a great visit! ~M.E.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

Thanks, I think I might do 2 days of parking and be gone a fri & sat and stay in Springfield an extra day. I'll try to stay away from the cranky guy.

5. Re: What parking is there at Amtrak station in Springfield?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Springfield