We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to spend in Springfield, Ill?

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How many days to spend in Springfield, Ill?

Going to see our son in Whiteman AFB and wanted to do a road trip to Springfield, Illinois. We have some Lincoln fans. I was thinking one night but it looks like we may need 2? Would like your opinions please. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 14 July 2012, 03:40
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,971 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to spend in Springfield, Ill?

Check out - http://www.visit-springfieldillinois.com/

IMO - at least a two night visit.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
150 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to spend in Springfield, Ill?

I think it depends on how aggressive you want to be with your time/scheduling. The cemetary, Museum and Lincoln Home are able to be fit into one day if you schedule it correctly. On the other hand, there are lots of really neat Lincoln things to do not just in Springfield, but in the surrounding areas (i.e. visiting county courthouses in which Lincoln practiced law, the New Salem Site just up the road in Petersburg etc)..so, from my perspective, it all depends on what you want to do and how long you want to spend at each location.

Although you didn't ask, I've stayed at pretty much every single Springfield hotel for work. The State House Inn is right downtown and within walking distance to much of what you'll want to do.

Have a great time!

3. Re: How many days to spend in Springfield, Ill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Springfield