We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfield Inn Springfield

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Fairfield Inn Springfield

Our bid of $50 (total is $63.75, not such a deal) was accepted by the Fairfield Inn in Springfield on Priceline through the bidding process. When I found out the name of the hotel, I came to TripAdvisor to see what the reviews were. They are not very good. I am tired of Priceline and their hotels giving a crappy room just because they accepted our bid. Do I have any recourse? Should I contact the management (who responded to every complaint on the board) before our stay instead of complaining after our stay?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

$50 is pretty cheap for a hotel in Springfield so maybe "you get what you pay for" applies...? I know this hotel's lot looks full whenever we're in the southwest part of town, sits kind of close to the railroad tracks (there's also a Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, and Marriott Courtyard together with this Fairfield) but it's not a bad area. I don't think you can change the hotel after the Priceline deal is done. Maybe you're worrying for nothing - like I said, it always looks like plenty of other people are staying there.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

Thank you for your local knowledge, and you are right, I can't do anything to change the bid. Just thought I might be able to get some hints on what to do if the room is bad.Thanks again.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

If you find the room is bad, see if they can switch you to another. Otherwise, lay it out in a TA review, especially since you said the management answers every complaint. Good luck!

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

Thank you!

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
775 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

Always always call ahead to have the front desk make a note of any special requests if you are nervous about anything. Things go wrong in every hotel in the world every day and most people who are satisfied never write a review so keep that in mind too. If you are bidding for a low rate, then your expectations need to be realistic from my experience. Fairfield is a decent brand, do not go with a chip on your shoulder and give them a chance to make something right if it does go wrong. :-)

6. Re: Fairfield Inn Springfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Springfield