We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice birthday dinner, but with two young kids

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nice birthday dinner, but with two young kids

We're coming from Chicago to spend the weekend in Springfield with our two kids, ages 3.5 and 7. It's my husband's birthday Saturday so we'd like to have a nice dinner. If we were alone, we'd probably go to Nick & Nino's but I don't think that will be a good place to take the kids (please correct me if I'm wrong). Can anyone suggest a place for a nice dinner with great food that would also be appropriate for the two little ones? We'll probably eat on the early side and we'd prefer it not be a chain restaurant.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice birthday dinner, but with two young kids

There's some nice choices in various price ranges. We like Maldaner's & Sebastian's Hideout, D'Arcy's Pint or Charlie Parker's if you want to try Springfield's famous "horseshoe." Nick & Nino's is expensive but awesome, would be my first choice and I've seen kids in there.

Mentioned in this post
Maldaner's
Maldaner's
332 Reviews
Springfield, IL
D'arcy's Pint
D'arcy's Pint
859 Reviews
Springfield, IL
Charlie Parker's Diner
Charlie Parker's Diner
526 Reviews
Springfield, IL
2. Re: Nice birthday dinner, but with two young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Springfield