We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
7 posts
Save Topic
Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

Can someone recommend a good Italian restaurant, medium priced, not just pizza? We'll be there this week.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

My favorite Italian restaurant in Cambridge is probably Trattoria Pulcinella. They focus on Neopolitan-style food and usually have some great seafood dishes. It's at the corner of Huron & Concord avenues, about a 15-minute walk from Harvard Square, or a 5-minute bus ride from Harvard on route 72, 74, 75, or 78.

Rialto at the Charles Hotel is also delicious, though quite pricy. For a very tasty but no-frills, order-at-the-counter kind of place, Il Panino Express is very good. It's right on Massachusetts Ave. between Harvard & Central squares. They do pizza and calzones, but also pasta dishes and the like. The gnocchi is great.

Keep in mind you can easily hop over to Boston where there are tons of great Italian restaurants in the North End. For North End suggestions, you can search past recommendations on this forum, but my favorites are Antico Forno (casual) and Mamma Maria (upscale).

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

Did you have a specific neighborhood in mind? Any reason you are limited to just Cambridge?

Gran Gusto is very good, but a bit of a pain to get to via the T.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

Although not Italian, I've eaten at Harvest a few times and enjoyed it everytime. It too is priced in the Rialto range...but I'm finding many local restaurants are offering lower priced options these days.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

I know you're looking for an Italian restaurant in Cambridge, but I wanted to make sure you knew that the next town over in Cambridge is a wonderful Italian restaurant with no attitude, with great prices and you know what you ask for is made fresh. It's located at 450 Massachusetts Ave in Arlington and it's called La Buona Vita so remember that one when you arrive:

www.labuonavita.com

"Dante" located at 40 Edwin H. Land Blvd. in Cambridge is a lot different type of Italian restaurant, it's a newer style that gets rave reviews just the same. They actually won Boston Magazine's "Best of Boston" for 2008 for Italian restaurants in Cambridge. There's a really nice patio with an outdoor bar here that people like a lot due to having incredible views of the Charles River and Boston. There is affordable parking near by which makes it convenient as well.

www.restaurantdante.com

Also check this site, it will give you further details on it:

www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx… 6:45:00 PM,9/16/2009 7:00:00 PM,9/16/2009 7:45:00 PM&i=0&hpu=893557270&t=fr

The Groceria used to be my favorite it was SO good in Cambridge but it's no longer there unfortunately, I have been to the La Buona Vita in Arlington and we really enjoyed it there a lot, it reminded me of a restaurant in the North End quite a bit.

Wherever you decide to have dinner, have a wonderful time!

5. Re: Italian Restaurant in Cambridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 06:20