We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

I wanted to bring my portable grill to a park somewhere close by to have a cookout with some friends. But I can't seem to find any information online as to where I'd be permitted to do this. Any suggestions? I'd like to go this weekend! Thank you.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

there is a huge playground/park complex behind Sherman Street - I used to walk there and was always amazed at its size, considering the location. googling around I found this:

www2.cambridgema.gov/dhsp2/danehyrules.cfm

Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

You should probably call Cambridge city hall and run this question by them..Tough town and permits are needed for most things.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

I think there is confusion here about the Cambridge under discussion. This is the UK forum.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

chesterbuff--this Cambridge is under Massachusetts on my page :)

DCF, also check on Herter Park (in Boston on the Charles) and Magazine Beach in Cambridge to see if they have grills.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

Is there a Cambridge in England?

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

The MDC may be able to give you a permit for a cookout on the Boston side near Soldier's Field Parkway. There are other attractions including canoe rentals, a small seasonal water park and playground, an open air seasonal theater, walking/running trails and ample parking.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

The MDC is no more. I believe the appropriate body is now the DCR (Department of Conservation and Recreation).

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

Also look into small but sweet Dana Park on Magazine Street - there's a nice area with tables right by Magazine where people sometimes have cookouts. Call the city.

9. Re: Where can I host a cookout in Cambridge/Cambrideport area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:17