We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for September

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for September

We are visiting family & have flights booked for 8 nights in Sept but are finding it difficult to find affordable accommodation. We would prefer to book a studio or apartment with cooking facilities. I have checked Flipkey, VBRO & Air bnb. Can anyone suggest any alternative sites please

Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
710 Reviews
from US$79.00*
American History Tour: Cambridge...
282 Reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
127 Reviews
from US$56.00*
US$59.00
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for September

What are your nightly budget for accommodation and your dates of stay? Those bits of info are helpful in making suggestions.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for September

We're in Boston 19th to 27th Sept. Our budget is about $150 per night

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for September

Sept is a pretty expensive time of year and your budget might be tight. There are a couple of mid-size (4000 people) conferences between the 16th and 20th.

Are you willing to stay outside the city and commute a bit? If yes, check out Suburban Extended Stay in Winthrop. It is in a residential n'hood within walking distance of several restaurants, an ice cream shop, a convenience store and a beach. The catch is that you need to take the 712/713 bus to the subway and then ride 4-5 stops to downtown Boaton. If your timing is impeccable you can make the journey in 30 minutes. 45-55 minutes is more realistic

The 712-713 bus does not show up on the mbta trip planner but if you search for it on the Mbta website, you can get the schedule.

Happy planning. .

Edited: 16 July 2014, 19:32
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for September

Try Homeaway. They're affiliated with VRBO however you'll find different listings.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for September

September is a very popular time with high hotel prices. I don't think $150 is going to be realistic, even for a vacation rental studio or apartment. You might be able to find a room in a hosted apartment on AirBnB (sharing with the owners)

I think the sites you have been using are the only reliable options. Maybe also Homeaway.com, but at this point, I'd be very wary of something that seems "too good to be true".

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for September

Suburban extended stay in Winthrop has a suite with kitchenette, double bed and double sofa bed for 144.95 (162.95 with taxes). If you are trying to find lodging for more than 4 people in sept for $150, you are truly asking for the impossible.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 20:46
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for September

Thanks guys, I'll check out your suggestions. There are only 2 of us to accommodate & last time we were in town we got a really good rate at The Marlowe. I guess Sept is just a really expensive time!

8. Re: Accommodation for September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:16