We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

Which Cala Gonone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

Hi Guys,

Is any body able to suggest the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia. I have 5 days to spend out there. Would have to be public transport as i'm travelling solo. Any other solo travellers going there in June? Also want to visit Bidderosa Beach is this possible from Cala Gonone?

Thanks really appreciate any suggesions

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

1. Olbia to Nuoro by ARST bus

2. Nuoro to Cala Gonone by ARST bus

www.arst.sardegna.it

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

Thanks for the help.

sunnyday46
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

Hi there Helen

don't know if you will read this all this time later - but I am also going to be in Olbia this June (a year on from your trip)

considering heading down to Cala Gonone too - just wondered how this went for you in the end? I too will be using public transport. The beaches in the Oresei area look amazing. I've 5 days to spend in Olbia and wider area - any recommendations on places not to miss?!

many thanks for any help you can offer

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

Hi sunnyday46 - I'm just replying to bump this up for you so that someone who knows about buses can answer.. We went to Cala Gonone last September, and it was beautiful. The beaches are mainly reached by boat, and are all sorts of different colours depending on the cliff rock material - so you may need 'swimming shoes' to walk on the sharper stuff. I gave up and went by car further down the coast where there are pine forests and 'soft' sand.

There are two beaches near Cala Gonone with soft sand, but you also need a car to get to them. I haven't used public transport in the area, so can't advise. The East coast road goes through incredibly beautiful areas inland, where the road can't get down to the coast for mountains....with the deepest canyon in Europe, Cala Gonone to Santa Maria Navarrese is the best bit - see if you can get a bus !

Enjoy your trip !

5. Re: the best way to get to Cala Gonone from Olbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Cala Gonone