We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

My husband and I are taking our grandchildren to see the tour of "So you think you can dance" at the Richmond Coliseum On October 17th. We want to get into town early and do something fun with the kids who are 7 and 8. I've been told not to stay in the downtown area because it's deserted after dark and has no real kid appeal.

I'd like a hotel that's not too far from the coliseum (driving time 10 to 20 minutes) that perhaps has an indoor pool and some restaurants, shops, activities within walking distance. If you don't know of a specific hotel a neighborhood would also be helpful. Thanks so much!

RICHMOND
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

I can offer two options.

The new Hotel Sierra at the Richmond Short Pump mall. The hotel is new and the outdoor mall is great to walk around with plenty to do and see. Also a lot to do around the mall area like an ice skating rink. movies and tons of shops. However it is in the far west end of Richmond, about a 20-25 minute drive to the Coliseum.

The other is Embassy Suites on Broad St. which is about 10-15 mins. away. Always good for a family with kids because the kids can sleep on the sofa bed in the living room & parents still have privacy with a closed door. Area is safe with lots of stores around. Free full breakfast.

Consider the Children's Museum of Richmond for your day. Perfect for their age & plenty to do(and fun for us big kids too).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

thank you for your reply. I'll try Embassy suites!

Salisbury MD
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

I second the "Children's Museum." It is a great place to spend a few hours.

4. Re: Child friendly somewhat upscale hotel needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 04:17