We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or Shuttle to RIR???

Virginia Beach, VA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drive or Shuttle to RIR???

Hi There,

My husband and I are going to the May 1st Nascar race at RIR and are staying downtown. Any race fans have advice on whether to take advantage of the shuttle or to drive? We enjoy having our own car and being able to sit and listen to the radio etc. But having the convenience of a shuttle sounds nice.

Thanks!!!!

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive or Shuttle to RIR???

I think it's purely a matter of personal preference. Some people dislike sitting in the traffic that builds up as you approach the venue, some people don't like searching and paying for parking, some know they will not be in any condition to drive when they leave. Others don't mind or aren't affected by these things and prefer to have their own car so they can bring what they wish, leave and arrive when they wish, etc.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
121 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive or Shuttle to RIR???

Shuttle is my recommendation. Traffic is gridlock, parking is difficult to find. (The locals will rent a space out in their yards, but it is not cheap). I'd say take a battery operated radio and arrive at the races less stressed.

3. Re: Drive or Shuttle to RIR???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 08:18