We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

I am planning a 50th wedding anniversary for my in-laws, and am looking for a good location for the party. My wedding reception was at the Columbian Center in Henrico- but I'm not sure that place is still there- the website seems to be defunct.

Would be open to places outside of Richmond-- such as Chesterfield , Henrico or even Petersburg/Hopewell area.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
2-Hour Richmond Historic Landmark...
22 Reviews
from US$35.00*
Free Cancellation
Richmond Landmark Segway Tour
11 Reviews
from US$68.00*
Free Cancellation
Private Customized Tour of Washington...
4 Reviews
from US$240.00*
Free Cancellation
Richmond, Va.
Level Contributor
81 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

What time of year?

Right off, I'd suggest Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden and Maymont.

If I think of others, I'll let you know -- maybe Meadow Farm (Henrico Co. Parks and Rec), and there's a place near Chesterfield Courthouse, an old historical mansion, that's now a museum, part of Chesterfield County Historical Society, I think.

Mentioned in this post
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
Lewis Ginter Botanical...
1,393 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Maymont
Maymont
1,779 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Virginia Museum of History & Culture
Virginia Museum of...
219 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Richmond, Va.
Level Contributor
81 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

The Chesterfield mansion site I'm thinking of is Magnolia Grange.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

There are literally hundreds of choices. The right one depends upon how many people, and how much you want to spend. I googled "Richmond VA reception venues" and found several websites that gather this sort of information. The first one was http://www.eventective.com and showed over a hundred banquet halls and over a hundred restaurants that offered private rooms for events.

Why don't you see if anything interests you, or meets your specific needs, and come back here and we can share any information we have about specific venues.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

Thanks for the advice- I did try that and it is one of the reasons I posted a question here-- too many options and no clear direction. I figured if anyone had a strong opinion about a place they would respond here.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

Thanks for the advice- this helps me focus on a few good places.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
121 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

Try "Virginis Crossings Conference Center" (www.wyndhamvirginiacrossings.com). Is north of Richmond, right off I95 near I295, near Virginia Center Mall. My charity group had a fundraising gala there and they did a spectacular job. Beautiful venue, really good food and nice accomodations on site.

Also, depending on the size of your group, I also like the Henry Clay Inn in Ashland, about 15 miles north of Richmond. You can take Amtrak there and the inn is 50 steps from where you step from the train. It is historic and quaint with a great local reputation. I've been to several showers, meetings, and engagement parties there, and have never been disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
The Henry Clay Inn
The Henry Clay Inn
98 Reviews
Ashland, VA
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

Thank you I will check those out.

8. Re: Any recommendations for banquet hall/party venue in Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:19