We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to Richmond

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
flights to Richmond

I am flying to Richmond in May and would be grateful for any advice

on the best air line to use, comfort is more important than cost but economy class is essential.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
2-Hour Richmond Historic Landmark...
22 Reviews
from US$35.00*
Free Cancellation
Richmond Landmark Segway Tour
11 Reviews
from US$68.00*
Free Cancellation
Private Customized Tour of Washington...
5 Reviews
from US$240.00*
Free Cancellation
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to Richmond

I assume your starting point is LHR? I shop mostly on price, and on that route I usually end up on Continental or American, although I was favorably impressed with Virgin Atlantic on one trip. Most of the airlines are about the same quality on that route (exception: US Air-not good!); I look for routing so I can transit through an airport that is easier to navigate.

I have a particular aversion to JFK, but it's hard for me to avoid it on international flights. If I can, I try to go through Newark (EWR), which is how I usually end up on Continental, since that is their big east coast hub.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to Richmond

Flew from Richmond to LHR in September thru La Guardia - no problems either way.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
england
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to Richmond

Thanks all.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
30 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to Richmond

FWIW, I always fly British Air from Dulles (IAD) to Heathrow, and you can connect from Richmond to Dulles by United etc... see http://flyrichmond.com/

There's also the option of an airport limo connexion... but traffic anywhere near Washington DC can be dicey. Of course, you can fly United from Heathrow but I prefer British ;)

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
5. Re: flights to Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:16