We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near airport?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near airport?

I'll be picking up family from the airport in late April. Their flight is scheduled to get in around 7 p.m. We may just drive back to Williamsburg and have dinner there, but if we did decide to stay in Richmond/airport area for the evening meal, are there two or three places you'd recommend? Price range - $15 - $20/per person including main, appetizer or dessert, and ice tea or soft drink, before tax and tip. Like to be near the airport. Prefer standard American fare. Not looking for gourmet, just good cooking and fast, friendly service. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
chesterfield
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near airport?

Hi Zoey,

As you leave the airport headed back to I64, on the right kind of tucked back in by the hotel (I think it is a Homewood Suits), there is a Chicago Pizzeria Uno. I think that probably best fits what you were asking for as far as price and type of food. It is fairly new, clean and the staff is friendly. After you eat, you are right at the ramp to get back on 64.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Pizzeria Uno
Pizzeria Uno
1,763 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Richmond, Va.
Level Contributor
81 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near airport?

Two recommendations:

Carini's is a local favorite, it's about 2 miles from the airport. Exit the airport. Turn left at the light onto Williamsburg Road (do not go straight as you would do to merge onto I-64). Stay on Williamsburg Road, cross Laburnum Avenue (there is a traffic light there). Go about 1 mile further and Carini's is in a strip center on the right. Basic old-fashioned Italian restaurant, inexpensive and good. Not in a fancy location. The address is Carini Italian Restaurant and Pizza, 3718 Williamsburg Road, phone is 804-222-0715. This is a traditional sit-down family restaurant, I think it's been there for a long time.

Antonio's Pizza is my favorite, and it is much closer and more convenient if you are heading back to Williamsburg, probably cheaper, too. Exit the airport and follow the signs for I-64, you'll pass Uno's on the right. Do NOT get on I-64, but cross under the interstate. Drive about 1/2 mile further. Antonio's will be on your right in a strip center, which is just before a large CVS drug store. This is a more mom-and-pop take-out place with restaurant attached. You order at the counter and pay there. It has a good selection; the cheese breadsticks are to die for. I also like their Greek salad, a basic GS, but good. The restaurant may be closed on Sunday, but not sure. Antonio's Pizza, address is 63 S. Airport Drive, Highland Springs, Va., phone is 804-328-6603. (Highland Springs is the suburb right next to the airport.) From the restaurant, when you leave, it will take you about 30 seconds, if that, to get on I-64 to get back home.

Uno's would be fine, I guess, however these two places I've recommended are not national chains, but locally owned and good at what they do, not pretentious. And I think they both offer good food.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Restaurant near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 07:16