We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over night

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Topic
stop over night

We are driving to South Carolina from New Jersey and would like to stop over night we are thinking Richmond, We are looking for Hotel close to Highway (embassy suites, Hampton Inn) that can accomodate 5 people 2 adults three kids

Can anyone please offer suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stop over night

Any of the chain hotels near the Glen Allen exit (I-295/US 1) would work. To avoid rush-hour traffic the next morning if you plan to leave during that time, there are also a fair number of hotels in the Chester area that would also fit. The Glen Allen area is nicer in terms of other amenities, and newness of the hotels than other areas along that part of I-95.

If you google richmond va hotels, you'll see all that are along that stretch of I-95.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stop over night

An embassy suites is right off the Glenside dr/broad street exit off interstate 64. There are several other hotels in that area and a lot of restaurants as well

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stop over night

You might check Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Mechanicsville. Both are right off I 295 South (at Route 360 East) and walkable distance to Wal-Mart, IHOP, Ruby Tuesday, Outback Steakhouse, Waffle House, etc. You may I 295 take to avoid actually driving through Richmond in I 95. It reconnects to I 95 about 20 miles south of Richmond.

4. Re: stop over night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 21:17