We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin-LA-Orlando-Richmond-Dublin

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dublin-LA-Orlando-Richmond-Dublin

Hi, can anybody tell me how this itinery sounds. The flight for four people is 3,254 in euros . Our plan is to leave dublin on the 20th june to go LAX. Spend a week there sightseeing and if anybody can recommend things to do that would be great. We will be staying in the embassy suites at the airport. On the 27th we leave Lax for Orlando where we will rent a villa and go to WDW and universal and down to the swamps. (we were there before for 2 and a half weeks where did most of the things including discovery cove. One the 9th of July we Will leave my my aunties in Richmond and spend a week there and do a bit of shopping. On the 16th or 17th we will leave to back to Dublin where the next few days i will hopefully going somewhere in europe with scouts. I will be traveling with my mam, dad and sister

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin-LA-Orlando-Richmond-Dublin

Sounds like a super fun trip to me! I can give you some ideas of places to visit in Richmond, VA if that's what your asking for...

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin-LA-Orlando-Richmond-Dublin

That sounds incredibly high for air fare unless you're flying in business class on the over water leg. Rather than the international open jaw booking (which is what I assume triggered your price), can you book your flight from Dublin to the States as a pure round trip (maybe in / out of Richmond?), and then book a second domestic open jaw ticket (for example Richmond -- LAX -- Orlando -- Richmond)? A quick check of your dates on Kayak.com (using multi-city search) gets you a low fare of $516 for the domestic open jaw ticket on your dates, and a roundtrip from Dublin to Richmond on June 20 returning July 17 of $916. That's much less than half of your quoted price, although concededly it adds some complexity to your trip.

EDIT: Unless you mean that the total flight is 3,254 euros for all four of you, and that the per person price is 813.50 euros. If you can get it per person for 813.50, that's an incredible deal I'd jump on if the dates work for you.

Edited: 03 January 2012, 18:09
3. Re: Dublin-LA-Orlando-Richmond-Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:21