We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria...
2 posts
Save Topic
One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

A couple of my friends and I will be spending next Friday night in Richmond and want to make sure we have a great time. We usually like the Bar/Club atmosphere rather than the regular club as it allows for chatting to some people and then eventually hitting the dance floor afterwards. From what I can gather, Shockoe Slip looks like a pretty central place to get a hotel and so I think that's where we'll stay. If you can recommend any places around that area with a great atomosphere it'll be much appreciated. Thanks!

Henrico, Virginia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

Shockoe Bottom is the place for you and your friends. The slip has numorous bars and clubs. If you not satisfied with one, just take a few steps and go to the next. their are alot of them around. all walking distance. Omni hotel and Berkely hotel is right on the corner of Cary st and 12th street. It is the start of Shockoe Bottom. Have fun

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

If you start walking down Cary St starting at 12th street, you'll see a lot of bars and restaurants until you get to about 15th. At that point, cut one block north to Main St and there are a lot more bars on 17th and 18th streets, as well as on Main.

As the PP said, just keep checking them out until you find one with the vibe that suits you.

Alexandria...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

Thanks alot! That's what I like to hear. Any place where we can just walk down the street and find a bunch of stuff is a place where we can find some fun. Should be a good random night! If you happen to see 2 Spanish guys and a guy from Scotland wandering around town not knowing where to go, you'll know you've spotted us! hahaha Appreciate the help! Now I can book our hotel with confidence!

Henrico, Virginia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

hope you have a great time. If you see a hot pink taxi that will be me. LOL. I usually park at the Omni during the evening on weekends.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

Take your Scottish friend to Sine Irish Pub down Cary St. near the hotels that were previously mentioned - he'll feel somewhat back near his homeland. Otherwise, there are numerous places to check out.

Need some great pizza - thy Bottoms Up Pizza - they're always highly recommended in the Slip/Bottom.

6. Re: One Night In Town: Friday Nightlife Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 10:15