We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NASCAR...should we go?

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
NASCAR...should we go?

Hello, we are 4 adults from UK who will be in Richmond during September. We have seen there is a NASCAR race on, should we go, how much are tickets, parking,etc? How long does the event last and is it a good atmosphere?

Thanks Wayne.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NASCAR...should we go?

Until someone more knowledgeable comes along, I'll say this: my cousins and daughters are big NASCAR fans and have been to Richmond many times. It's a good atmosphere -- very American experience, so go! I can't help with the price of tickets and parking, but someone is sure to post with the information soon.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NASCAR...should we go?

I'm not a NASCAR fan, BUT I try to go to the race when it comes to Richmond. It's a VERY cool experience- watching cars fly around the track at close to 200 MPH, with over 100,000 fans cheering them on. Yes, VERY "American", haha.

Anyways, you can park right next to the track for $20-$30 and you can get tickets from people selling for $20-$100 depending on the seats and how long before the start. You can easily score tickets for $30 each, and move anywhere you see an open seat (there are plenty). The closer you wait to the start, the cheaper the tickets will be.

The race usually starts around 7:30 and people start tailgating when the sun comes up early in the morning. The race race itself lasts about 3-4 hours, depending on how many wrecks there are and the severity.

Like I said, I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I will NEVER forget the first time I went. It was really awesome. If you are interested, then you should definitely go.

3. Re: NASCAR...should we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16