We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

My husband and I are going to the VA Fiber Festival in Montpelier for two days, can't figure where we should stay. Richmond is 27 miles away, so would that be good or is there something closer to Montpelier? We like Marriotts or Hampton Inns or a good Bed and Breakfast.

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

There is a Holiday Inn Express in Orange, which is nearby. Probably some nice B&B's, but I am not familiar with them.

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

If you decide to stay in the Richmond Area, you'll probably want to look at the Short Pump area. That's on the west side of Richmond closer to James Madison's Montpelier in Orange VA where the Fiber Festival is. Tons of hotels, shops and restaurants to choose from.

The town of Montpelier VA is a different place, closer to Richmond. Be sure you don't confuse the two Montpeliers.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 16:37
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

At the risk of confusing you even further, I just want to make one correction/clarification.

James Madison's Montpelier is technically located in Montpelier Station VA in Orange County.

Montpelier VA is located in Hanover County, close to Richmond.

As mentioned above, the Holiday Inn Express in Orange would be convenient for you.There are B and B's in that area too, but I have never stayed inone.

People also stay in Charlottesville or in the Short Pump Area of Richmond for day trips to Madison's Montpelier.

4. Re: Going to Montpelier VA Fall Fiber Festival, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:17