We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richmond Couples Weekend?

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Richmond Couples Weekend?

We'll be in town for the Gran Fondo, Oct 4-6, 2013.

I'd love a place with an in-room jaccuzzi, preferably downtown, with a get away weekend package or something similar. An option to book massages. I'm considering Omni because I'm guessing the view is great. But do the other hotels have good views as well?

We'd like to check out the downtown area on Saturday afternoon and during the day Sunday, perhaps take in some site seeing if there's anything that picques our interest.

Basically, I'm looking for a couple's guide to Richmond -- decent meals, people watching, off the beaten path, and a decent stay. Tired of paying for hotels only to see stained carpets and furniture when we arrive.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
545 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Richmond Couples Weekend?

The Jefferson has the Spa options you're looking for, but I don't see that any of the rooms have spa tubs. The only hotel I found that has "jet tubs" is outside Richmond and doesn't have anything else.

For a Couple's weekend, I highly recommend the Jefferson. Its pricey, but they take very good care of their guests.

Mentioned in this post
The Jefferson Hotel
The Jefferson Hotel
1,377 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Richmond Couples Weekend?

Thank you!

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Richmond Couples Weekend?

If you choose the Jefferson, consider doing the Sunday Champagne Brunch. You eat like a King. Reservations fill up weeks and months in advance... definitely get a reservation as soon as you decide.

Mentioned in this post
The Jefferson Hotel
The Jefferson Hotel
1,377 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Sunday Champagne Brunch at the Jefferson Hotel
Sunday Champagne Brunch...
129 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Richmond Couples Weekend?

The Omni or the Berkeley Hotel would be good choices. I'm not sure about the amenities of each. There are maybe 15-20 good and great restaurants within a 2-3 block area and you are near the Canal walk area which is a great walk along the River.

If you are so inclined, at 2900 East Franklin on Libby Hill Park, the annual neighborhood BBQ festival attracts thousands for the beer/bbq and bands. Admission is free and it is on October 4th from around noon until sunset. The view of the river from the park is spectacular.

Mentioned in this post
The Berkeley Hotel
The Berkeley Hotel
998 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Canal Walk
Canal Walk
257 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Libby Hill Park
Libby Hill Park
70 Reviews
Richmond, VA
5. Re: Richmond Couples Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:16