We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

Hey everyone in the richmond area!

I am planning a trip to richmond,va in may & i need a hotel. I am looking for something near the national theater and something that is affordable on a budget. The only thing i definitely need is somewhere where you do not have to be 21 to book. This awkward in between 18 and 21 age is impairing my want to plan ahead.

Thanks everyone!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,649 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

It would help to know exact dates and your budget as hotel rates fluctuate daily.

Have you actually tried to book a hotel in Richmond and been denied due to your age? I know some hotels in beach areas, such as Virginia Beach, have an age limit to discourage 'spring break-ers" or "party-ers", but I doubt that would be an issue in Richmond. My children started traveling on their own when they were 18 and never had a problem booking hotels.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

i will be booking from the 18th of may til the 21st. i have spoken to one or two in the richmond area and have been told 21 is the min.age. i just don't want to book a room and then arrive and be told i can't stay and have to figure something out on where to go almost three hours away from home.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

If you book with your credit card online and have that credit card with you when you check in then you probably shouldn't have a problem. I've never been asked for my ID when checking into a hotel like I was buying beer at a store.

If you book online there has to be some sort of disclaimer on age, if not then go ahead.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

Yes, and doing some dummy bookings at random hotels I don't see it asking for my age or it just says 18+.

So, use a credit card and book online and you'll probably be fine.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

Sorry for so many posts: but it looks like Holiday Inn Express allows bookings from 18 up. The one downtown is near Cary and Chamberlayne Avenue. I can't guarantee you anything about the quality of the room though, it's a holiday inn express though.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,649 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

I totally agree with Canaan's suggestion--just book a room online with your credit card. When you go to check in, there is little chance that you will be asked to provide proof-of-age (unless you look about 15!) That's how my kids did it when they were 18.

Also, that Holiday Inn Express is a good suggestion--good location relative to the National Theatre, decent reviews on TA, and only $103 per night during your stated dates.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

thanks all! I am going to continue to look around.

8. Re: hotels where you do not have to be 21 to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:15