We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edison, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Any recommendations for a taxi service from Richmond Airport to a downtown hotel?

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Call Arju from runner taxi. He is a nice guy helped me when I landed in richmond. None other service provider attend my call.

(804) 908-7864

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Whenever I arrive at Richmond airport, I simply walk over to the taxi stand outside the baggage area and take the first one in line. Any of them will take you to a downtown hotel.

If what you really need is a limo or van, James River Transportation has a counter in the airport.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
55 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Groom Transportation has great service and can be reserved ahead of time

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

I'm guessing your hotel doesn't offer a shuttle service?

Expect a fairly expensive bill. Last weekend I grabbed a cab from the airport to my work where I had left my car. It was a ride of only 2.5 miles, and I was charged $12. As I don't regularly use a cab, I don't know if that's standard fare or if I was ripped off, but I could've walked that distance in 13 minutes. So at that kind of rate, expect a $52+ ride from the airport to a hotel downtown.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

It usually costs me about $35 to get to an area a few miles further than downtown, so my guess is that a cab to downtown would cost somewhere between $30 and $35. Short trips are always more expensive because you're paying a flat rate plus mileage.

I don't think $12 was a rip-off at all for a relatively short trip. 2.5 miles would take most people at least 45 minutes to walk at a brisk pace of 3 mph. To make it in 13 minutes, you'd have to be running at over 11 mph.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

Should've clarified that even though my work was 0.6 miles away from the airport, they took the long way around the barn to make it into a 2.5 mile trip. So, yes, it was a rip off, even if the rip-off was more about the route than the fare rate. I certainly could've walked the 0.6 miles in 13 minutes. And I still can't fathom such a high rate for just 2.5 miles....but that's getting off topic.

Most attractions in Richmond require a car to reach them, so unless your destination is close to your hotel, it might be more cost effective to rent a car to get to your downtown hotel.

7. Re: Taxi from Richmond Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:16