We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Directions

Columbus, OH
11 posts
Save Topic
Driving Directions

We are headed to the Nascar race this weekend and cannot decide which way to get there. We are leaving the Columbus, Ohio area on Friday morning and have a couple of choices:

Out I70 east to I79 south to I68 east and so on

-or-

Down I77 south to I64 east and accross that way.

We are actually staying in Milford at a campground.

If anyone has any imput please let me know. Some people have told us to stay away from DC.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Directions

Yahoo maps suggest I-70 toward Wheeling, to 77 south to I-64 toward Lewisburg, where you'd cross the mountains toward Covington. Then at Lexington you'll follow I-64 / I-81 to Staunton where you'd follow I-64 toward Waynesboro and Charlottesville. You pick up I-95 in Richmond, taking the Powhite Parkway exit and then the Laburnum Avenue exit to get to the raceway.

This looks like a good route to me -- it keeps you out of DC. And the ride through West VA and southwest VA is quite beautiful even from the interstate.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Directions

Wendy's route sounds good to me too

3. Re: Driving Directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:20