We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san pawl hotel

sheenshe
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
san pawl hotel

I have just returned from a holiday staying at the san pawl hotel. I must admit I was a bit unsure after reading the reviews but please do not be put off by what you might read about this hotel Agreed, it is in need of a bit of tlc and modernisastion. Our room was indeed very basic, but the food was good and the towels and bed linen were changed daily. Just use the hotel as a base and explore Malta. It is a beautiful place, if you are prepared to travel a bit (and that is very easy on the bus, just buy a travel pass and go)and you must go to popeye village, it is a charm. I really enjoyed Malta and the people are so friendly. So go and enjoy it.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san pawl hotel

Exactly as expected. For what ever reason there are an awful lot of hotels in Malta that could do with some TLC but the habit unfortunately is to run the hotel into the ground then close down. This should just be taken into context, however. The hotel is just the base and providing it's clean and you feel you have got value for money then you're on a winner.

Glad you liked it.

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san pawl hotel

Fully agree with the comments. I have stayed at the San Pawl on a number of occasions and feel that it has had some harsh criticism in the past. I also feel it bizarre that some people's holiday experience can be spoilt by the decor in their hotel room! One thing I would say about the San Pawl - if anyone is planning to visit in July/August it is well worth paying a little extra for a Superior room; located on the 5th floor they have proper air con as opposed to ceiling fans.

Outer Hebrides
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: san pawl hotel

Hi SheenshePoppy

Just been looking for a self catering for me and my Mum for September and reading the reports about the San Pawl they were horrors! but as you are just back and from what you say seems OK - looking for a clean apartment, close to bus,restaurants etc - do you reckon by the end of the season this place will be really tired? Looks fab in all the photo's but some things are too good to be true as it's a good price in September! Do you have any other suggestions for self catering in this area? Thanks

sheenshe
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san pawl hotel

Hi Syblone

Sorry I cannot speak for any other hotels in Malta but as I said, Hotel San Pawl is not as bad as I thought it would be. We were half board and the food was very good and plentiful but I understand you could go self catering if you wished, but why bother with the hassle. If you do go self catering there are plenty of places to eat and drink, loads of bars around the area and lots of places to visit. I was very unsure before I went but was soon won over and as someone else said, you do not spend your holiday in your room so get out there and don't worry. Enjoy your holiday.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: san pawl hotel

Sorry to hijack your posting sheen but for syblone, we stayed here last year

holidays-malta.com/holidaysmalta/…hm288.htm

Was basic in terms of decoration but was spacious and had everything we needed. We only ate breakfast in the apartment so didn't cook, but it felt more homely than the hotel rooms we had stayed in before.

Fantastic views from the balcony.

We have booked again for this year. Air con was newly fitted just before we were there last year in the two main bedrooms. They own the whole block so have several apartments.

Also for us was the added bonus we could use the WIFI in the building, ideal for the laptop and keeping an eye on the business...

Trisha

Outer Hebrides
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: san pawl hotel

Thanks for that - Understand what you are saying - you don't go on holiday to stay in your room!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: san pawl hotel

hello poppy, we booked in the San Pawl in a few weeks time,Will we need to take ear plugs for a lie in,have to agree with you on it only being a base,we just like a clean bed/bath and restaurant,if you require more,spend more sal

8. Re: san pawl hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations