We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

Birmingham England
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

Hi, I have booked to stay at the seaview hotel in august. The brochure states hotel is opposite a sandy beach, that would be nice if it is. Has anyone any advise, is it really sandy and will there be any space on it in August? i gather most of the coast is rocky aroung malta. Also have you been to the seaview hotel? Thanks for any advise.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

Hi, The coast there is rocky too but there is a manamade beach there i.e. sand over the top of the rocks.

I've never seen it over full there even through August.

west yorks
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

Hi , the small sandy beach is near the Dolman Hotel area, im afraid the sand is rather course type,not the most popular .

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

I don't call that a sandy beach. If you want a real sandy beach you have to go Mellieha, Golden Bay/Ghajn Tuffieha, Gnejna, Paradise Bay or Armier. I suggest you hire a car or scooter.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
519 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

In a word NO..... There is nothing like a sandy beach in this area. Ramla and Melihea bays are your best bet for beaches.

Enjoy Malta, wish I was going

Birmingham England
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

Thanks for your responces I know what to expect now,

dave

6. Re: Qawra, is there a sandy beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations