We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

coventry
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

Hi,

I am going to St. Pauls Bay area at the end of September with my partner and am looking for reasonable priced appartments or hotel. I have found good reviews for the more expensive accommodation but not for the more basic. I dont mind the hotel being a bit dated but would like a nice pool and a it to be clean. I am looking to pay up to £300 per room for a week.

I would appreciate any recommendations

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

I used a nice apartment a little way off from St Paul's Bay, it was by the Cherry tree pub in Bugibba so not far from the main square, just a few mins walk away but within walking distance of St. Paul's Bay too.

They have just fitted a new kitchen in Feb this year and new beds too. Very obliging people, the sister of the owner, who lives in Italy, will pick you up from the airport for a small fee. I will try to find the details for you.

You could look on Holiday lettings site for Malta as there are some nice looking apartments and not too expensive.

Here are the details for the one we used, it is reference no 29729

or you could ring Nazareno Aquilina direct - his mobile number is =39328 7693133

Bear in mind he is in Italy so look at the time difference and call him accordingly.

Tell him Liz recommended him.

Norfolk, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

I have made an error on my previous post, the = sign should be a + sign.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

At the end of September you should be able to get a good deal at teh Santanna, Suncrest or Qawra Palace if you book direct with them .. look at choosemalta.com for other deals.

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

You might want to have a look at the Gillieru Hotel, which is in St Paul's Bay. Close enough to the bars and restaurants of Bugibba, but away from the bustle.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

We stayed at the Gillieru Harbour Hotel..we booked with "bookmalta.com" who have a freephone number from the UK...0800 091 0228. A fella called David Henderson helped us...excellent service. If you can get room 414....it's a lovely one with a nice view! The hotel is dated but is clean enough. Bugibba is a bit downmarket..well that was our opinion! Mellieuha..is the beach area and is very nice..I think if we go back I would go there this time..there must be lots of apartments around there...loads of restaurants and bars. The island is so small that it is easy to get around so no problem from there. Also you can get a bus and then ferry to Gozo. Check out my recent review on Gillieru ..a pleasant hote etc.

6. Re: Accommodation in St. Pauls Bay area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations