We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So much to do, what do you recommend??

Which St. Paul's Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
So much to do, what do you recommend??

Hello, departing for Malta for the first time next month, we are now staying St Pauls Bay which sounds lovely. So we are looking for lots of things to do (we don't have children) and are in late our 30's. So far we have planned :-

Blue Lagoon

Golden Sands beach (I have heard there is also another beach nearby?)

Valetta

Can anyone recommend other things to do, I have heard of a boat trip to the Blue Grotto but I have no idea where that is (still trying to find info on internet). If anyone can recommend things to do and places to visit as we are trying to plan our week!!

Many thanks for reading

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

If you look at the top questions about Malta, FAQ What is there to see and do in Malta, you'll get loads of ideas. Have a browse and then come back with questions. See tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190311-c122642/Malta…

Also have a look at the top questions about St Paul's Bay on the left of your opening post, what is there to do in Malta and some info re popular places to visit.

Think the beach you will have heard about is Mellieha, just a short bus ride

away.

Enjoy your holiday.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

Sorry, meant on the right of your OP.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

There is so much to see and do in Malta that you will run out of time long before you run out of places to go.

Here`s a bit of a list :

Valletta ----- at least a day

Mdina ---- half a day

The Three cities ---- especially Vittoriosa , a very lovely historic town

Fort Rinella ---- home of the worlds biggest cannon.

War museum and Malta at war museum.

The list is never ending.

May I suggest you buy or borrow a guide book to Malta and see how much there is.

Graham

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

have you taken a look at the official web site www.visitmalta.com

where you will find lots of information and also downloadable leaflets to browse.

graham's suggestions are good. My favourites are Mdina, Valletta and Vittoriosa. Also consider going to a festa - you don't give your exact dates so I can't suggest any

5. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2012, 15:35
St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
291 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

sooo many things to see...check out the following informative website: http://www.gozoandmalta.com/first-timer.php

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

Beach near Golden Sands is Ghajn Tuffieha

You should also visit Gozo and possibly a boat trip to Comino

Blue Grotto is in Zurrieq and they do boat trips out to that too, it's in the southern part of the island

If you are interested in ancient temples there are quite a few of them too, older than Stonehenge

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

Regarding Golden Sands - there is another beach Ghajn Tuffieha some 100m away. It's a lovely beach and rarely gets crowded as you access it by a long stair way.

Mellieha isn't far but you need a bus or car to get there.

There is a surprising number of things to do. So much so that the Internet can get confusing. Have a look at the Top Questions, list what you fancy and get back to us.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

Thank you for all of you who have posted. I have now checked out the top questions and have lots of ideas now! I have also heard of a boat trip at Valetta harbour which sound great. Need to pick up a tour guide as soon as we get there I think!

In relation to the tours, especially along the seafront do I need to be aware of anythig imporant and should I go to the ones that the hotel recommend? Please bear with me, first time abroad and we are real novices! I rather like the idea of the organised tours, both on water and land.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: So much to do, what do you recommend??

ps we are travelling 8th july for one week. Festa sounds fun plus we would quite like to visit markets, I think I did see some information on a previous post regarding markets so will have another read through the posts.

Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations