We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self serve laundry on Malta

Brookville, Ohio
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Self serve laundry on Malta

We are looking for a self-serve laundry on Malta- ST. pauls Bay or Millieha area.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

Lion Launderette Tourist Street, Bugibba. There is a second launderette in Bugibba, but I can't remember where and there is a place near the Bella Vista hotel in Qawra that does service washes and ironing.

Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

There is also a laundrette in the Danish Village opposite the beach in Mellieha. Unfortunately it is a bit out of the way though!

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

Hi there,

I know there is a self service laundrette in St. Julian , in spinola Street very next to Dick's Bar, the name is "THE ONE STOP LAUNDRY SHOP" There is a free wifi connection so you can use internet while waiting for your laundry.

Rabat, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

i have been to the ONE STOP WASH and i have to say it was the WORST laundry mat i have ever been to. i travel a lot and always seek out a laundry mat.

ONE STOP WASH was dirty, hot, and cramped. it only had 2 very small working washers and 1 large dryer. while there waiting my turn for a machine the 2 people previous to me had trouble with the coin machine the soap dirpenser , the machines that were marginaly working had a broken door,it wold not close unless you slammed it shut to lock. the soap compartment was non operational so you had to put the soap in with your clothes , which in a front loader will not distribute it through out the clothes properly. the prices were unbelievably expensive for a less than substanard wash. the dryer did not dry within your 5 euro 20min time. im sorry for the tourists and those without a washer that they have to got there. I would have been better off just washing in my sink. Im glad i wont have to go there again. horrible and very costly experience.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

This is not an answer to a recent post, but some up to date news that maybe of some interest to the question of self service laundries. There is a new self service laundry called Lava Piu, in Qalb Ta'Gesu', Bugibba, which I believe is opening very soon as there are some balloons at the front of the laundry. To find it from Bugibba Square, walk past the Primera Hotel, past the Bank of Valletta, past the Maypole food mart and the Lava Piu Laundry is a hundred yards along on the left.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

Received a flyer today with information on the LAVAPIU self service launderette. Their charges are:

Washer - Small load (7kg) ........... €7.50

Washer - Medium Load (9kg) ...... €10.00

Washer - Large Load (13kg) ........ €13.00

Dryer - 12 minute cycle ................ €2.00

They also offer tailoring repairs ... a corner bar and relax/wifi area

Open every day from 8.00am - 11.00pm

They have a website, but unless you can speak Italian don't bother: www.lavapiu.com

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

I'm on vacation and just tried the Lava Piu Self-Serve Laundry. Thanks for the tip!

My review:

- I walked in and no one was there, but the machines (1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large washer; 2 dryers; control payment panel) were available to use.

- Wi-Fi password is on the chalkboard

- I was able to help myself. 1) Put your clothes in appropriate machine, pick your wash/dry setting; 2) put money in payment machine (7,50 euro small, 10 medium, 13 large, 2 to dry for 12 minutes); 3) select the corresponding letter of the machine you are using on payment machine 4) go back to your machine and press start

- Note: If you pay 10 euro, you can get a chip card with 7 euro on it. The card gets discounted washes/dries (7 small; 9,50 medium; 12,50 large; 1,80 dry). I couldn't figure out how to top up using the machine though :(

- the attached cafe area was locked up and not open when I was there

- the open area with machines had a few stools and a ledge with one outlet, so I was able to sit and plug in my laptop, get on Wi-Fi, and write this review

- there are two red rolling laundry bins and two large tables for folding

- the washers take a long time, maybe an hour; the dryers are very efficient. small loads don't need more than a spin. I like my clothes really dry for folding, so for the medium load I put it in for 2 rounds. The dryer drums are really large, so you can fit multiple washes in one dryer.

- FYI I was staying in Mellieha and took the 221 Bugibba bus (Luna bus stop) and got off at Qroll. It was only a block away from that stop (you can put Maypole into maps to help you find it). Unfortunately, for the return trip I had to walk several more blocks to catch the right bus.

Edited: 03 May 2016, 14:44
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

Here's the website for the Bugibba/St. Paul's Bay in Malta Lava Piu: http://bugibba.lavapiu.com.mt/

9. Re: Self serve laundry on Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2017, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations