We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

soreda hotel qwara

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
soreda hotel qwara

hi all,this is my first posting and will be my first visit to malta.i am arriving early october for 1 week and staying at the soreda hotel in qwara with my wife and we are both early fifties,has anybody stayed there?,was it any good?etc,all advice greatly received,thanks

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: soreda hotel qwara

I think you'll like it. The place seems to be pounding all through August but I think it should have calmed right down by the time you go. Two Cherries Pub almost next door. Only 5 minutes stroll into the heart of Qawra. You can get a bus from the Qawra terminus opposite the Red Lion or walk out of the hotel down the hill opposite onto Coast Road there's a bus stop to Valletta/Sliema on the other side of the road.

Glad it's the beginning of October because by the end it really does seem like the end of a season. Don't get me wrong there's always something to do but you just don't have that summer atmosphere.

Enjoy it

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: soreda hotel qwara

thanks scubapro1957,very kind of you to reply,sounds like we'll have a good time but anymore replies would be great especially re the hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: soreda hotel qwara

My wife and I stayed at the Soreda hotel in April 2007. While advertised as a 4 star, as is the case a lot in Malta I would rate it as a good 2 star or middle of the road 3 star.

The main hotel itself is clean and tidy, the rooms are likewise, but maybe a bit more tired looking. The roof pool and bar are well used and can get busy at peak times (search out the other roof terrace that doesn't seem to get used much). The staff are friendly and really try and help.

However one aspect of the room that I didn't like was regarding the air-conditioning. It was on a timer system set by the hotel, it also required that the fob of the room key be inserted in a slot in the room for it to operate - with warnings on the key ring that any attempt to removed the fob would result in a charge (it was welded on!). I found a small hardware shop locally and bought a small magnetic catch (kitchen cabinet type), removed the thin magnet and stuck it to a boarding pass. This fitted the fob slot nicely and gave me 24hr A/C.

Sorry, now the bad point - the food and ‘restaurant’ is terrible! We stayed all inclusive, which was just as well as I ended up on a liquid diet. The breakfasts were greasy and tasteless, the lunches and dinners were horrible with little choice. The tables seemed to have a sticky feel to them, and the general level of cleanliness was poor – seeing the same soup stain on the wall day-after-day was typical. I gave it a number of opportunities to improve, thinking maybe that they were having a bad day with staff or something, but saw no improvement over the 10 days I stayed there. The only place in the hotel that served decent food was the small grill next to the pool bar, which was only open lunchtimes.

But, not to worry, you can get a fantastic full English breakfast in the cafe opposite the bus terminal for 2.80 Euros, 4 with a pint of Cisk pronounced CHisk), the Indian at the far end of Tourist Street (past Murphy’s Irish bar – also very good) is one of the best I've ever eaten in (anywhere), and the Mother Earth Italian (the other end of Tourist St) will give you 2 meals with wine for 15 euros.

So, don’t despair. Just use the hotel for beer pool and a bed and eat locally. You’ll have a really great time.

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: soreda hotel qwara

thanks ned 60,sorry for late reply,no excuses,will follow your advice,cheers

5. Re: soreda hotel qwara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations