We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go ?

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
When to go ?

I am thinking about visiting Malta possibly Club Riza next year. As I want to go in the school holidays I am contemplating either 2 weeks from 04th April or one week 23rd May. Obviously 2 weeks would be nicer but I am worried about the weather. I would rather have one week of good weather than 2 weeks when it is not hot enough to sunbathe. Also I am worried that places of interest will be closed in April. I am tempted to take a chance and go for the 2 weeks but I can't make my mind up. What would you do ?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to go ?

Visit

weather2travel.com/whentotravel/index.php…

where you will get an idea of the weather , by going over the numbers with the cursor.

You will sunbathe on both holidays , but the probability of bad weather is twice as high in April as in May. Also in May you have at least an extra hour of sunshine, and half the chance of a rainy day.

Do not overdo the sunbathing as too much hurts and damages the skin :-)

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to go ?

Thanks for the reply. I think I will take your advice and settle for May.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to go ?

Places of interest are open througout the year.

If sunbathing plays an important part of your holiday then May would be better. It`s also still not too hot for visiting the sights.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to go ?

I would opt for May. Early April is still too cold for swimming, you might be able to sunbathe but depends on the weather.

All places of interest are open all year round so no worries on that front. Plenty to do any time of year

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to go ?

Thanks for all your replies. Are there any recommended excursions ? I am quite interested in visiting Gozo and maybe a waterpark, also where is the best place for clothes shopping my teenage daughter would like to know?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to go ?

My teenage daughters take MY Visa to Sliema Tower Road to do THEIR shopping :-(

Berskha , Marks and Spencers and the likes ...

Valletta is also worth a visit .

Enjoy your holiday :-)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to go ?

we visited in last week april/first week may and while the weather was perfectly pleasant , it would have take a much hardier person than me take off my jeans and longsleeved sweatshirt. hubby managed to wear a tshirt some days , always with a jacket close by .

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to go ?

Hi

Regarding shopping, depends what they want to shop for. Anything that has to be imported i.e. all clothes, shoes etc will be more expensive in Malta than in the UK. They have lots of English shops like M&S BHS, Dorothy Perkins, Monsoon, Next, Wallis and more but all will be more expensive than the UK. There are also some lovely Italian shops (Promod is my favourite) which you won't find in the UK

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When to go ?

The Maltese equivalent of H & M and Top Shop probably if they have one. Are there any nice Italian shoe shops ?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When to go ?

You will find Italian shoes at most shoe shops. They are not cheap but defintely worth while - so stylish and good quality leather usually too - hence the higher prices.

You teenagers might like Bay Street shopping centre - don't imagine a huge shopping centre like here in the UK though. Malta is small. Lots of shops in Valletta or at the ferries in Sliema.

Where will you be staying - don't know the Club Riza

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations