We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elderly people

Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
elderly people

Is Bella Vista Hotel, Qqwran suitable for elderly people with walking difficulties

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elderly people

The Bella Vista hotel is a good distance from the centre of Bugibba / Qawra.

There is a bus route outside the hotel to Valletta but there are not many buses. The main Qawra bus station is a long way for anybody with walking problems.

You may be better off somewhere more central like the Canifor Hotel ( sister hotel to Bella Vista ) . Santana or the San Antonio which are in the centre , close to the front and only a minute or two from the bus station.

Graham.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elderly people

The Bella Vista is away from town but there is a shuttle bus. The downside is you would be reliant on the service.

The Canifor or Santana will put you closer to places to eat, drink or even get the bus.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: elderly people

The Bella Vista is to far out and away from all the amenities for people with walking distance, in fact there is not much in that area so probably best to look for somewhere else.

The Bella Vista is not the sister hotel to the Canifor, the sister hotel to the Canifor is the Coral in Bugibba which is a basic hotel but location wise it is only a few minutes walk from the Square so pretty central for most things.

The sister hotel to the Bella Vista is the Qawra Point Holiday Complex which used to be the Bella Vista Apartements.

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: elderly people

The Hotel Santana and the Soreda are good for walking everywhere and great for the bus station,also lots of good bars around,especially the Queens Head near the Soreda,we have stayed in both and would go back to either.

P.S We are a couple of Golden Oldies!!!

TessyB x

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: elderly people

I hang my head in shame, put on a hair shirt and walk barefoot over hot coals for giving some incorrect information.

I was certain that the Bella Vista and Canifor were connected. I now know this is wrong but I am certain that they USED to be sister hotels but split appart some time ago.

I hope I can be forgiven and not have my sword broken and drummed out of the Trip Advisor fort.

Graham.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: elderly people

Go sit in the corner Graham and I want you to think long and hard before you decide to get off the naughty step !!

Hey .. we all make mistakes .. as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin

Hope you all have had a happy Easter

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: elderly people

Of course you can stay Graham, with a name like that you are very welcome, just don't let it happen again, lol.

Now that you have mentioned the Bella Vista, the new park in front of it at the Kennedy Grove that has been created and been planted with all the trees is very pleasent and will be lovely when it matures.

8. Re: elderly people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations