We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bella vista

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
bella vista

looking for holiday on web page. on the beach this hotel was classed

4 star so we booked it.Now very worried as tripadvisor

reviews started of good but got worst as you read more.

What is the hotel and area really like

Party of 8 going aged 19 to 50

Thank you in advance

Michael, Belfast.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bella vista

The hotel is not in an ideal position simply because it is away from the hub of activity but that said it's not difficult to get there and last time I was there they had their own courtesy bus so don't be put off on that count. You will also quickly learn the walking route to Bugibba which, again, is not so difficult.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your question correctly but if it is a beachside hotel you believe you are staying at then you have been misinformed or misinterpreted something. The hotel is close to Salina Bay but at the wrong part of it .... you most certainly would not want to swim in it.

I'm not sure of the hotel quality but if you have read the FAQ then you will know that in the Maltese hotel star system properties are awarded stars for the quantity of facilities and not the quality of them.

Enjoy your trip .. I'm quite confident you will

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bella vista

See KNOWKATS advice on this subject BELLA VISTA 22/23 october this may help, news gets round this town fast, and we have not heard of any bad reports about this Hotel. We have never stayed, but have dined their on many occasions and can only say the sunday lunch buffets are second to none.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bella vista

I've not stayed there, but have bumped into many people who have, and they like the place a lot, including the food on offer. No reason at all to be worried.

Belfast
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bella vista

Thanks for all your swift and coherent replies. We are now a little less apprehensive and with the relatively positive feedback, now await our hols. Does anybody have an idea about the price of a taxi from Buggiba to hotel, the cost of trips and hiring a car plz?

Thanks

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bella vista

Most people phone for a private taxi or in your case with 8 of you, a mini bus, avoid using white taxis if you can, " expensive". Private taxis have no meters so best to ask around for the best firm to use, Tip bring a mobile phone that is open and buy a sim card here very useful. Car hire is cheap here, must be over 25, price depends on time of year and of coarse model. ( TRIPS OUT) I would strongly recommend the double decker open top buses, they do north/south/ and GOZO all day hop on hop off, they run every 30 minutes 13/14. EUROS for all day very good value, you will all love them. KNOWKATS.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bella vista

You asked about cost of taxi to Bugibba .. I'm fairly certain there is a courtesy bus. It may be possible that with so many of you that you can "pursuade" the driver to drop you further into town.

I have a muscle weakness issue with my legs and I would still feel confident at being able to walk into Bugibba from the hotel. Best thing to do is ask one of the staff to tell you the shortest way although exploring is fun too.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bella vista

You do have a bus stop almost outside the hotel too

leeds,west yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bella vista

we stayed at the hotel and we found it ok,the food was fine and they do have a free minibus to shuttle you about.

just beware about booking with on the beach. we booked with them to go back to the bella vista,when reading the small print they were actually going to put us in the bella vista aparthotel near the bus station(i believe they have changed its name now).by no means anything like the standard of the bella vista hotel.

i contacted otb and said as i had stayed at bella vista hotel and the photos they were showing on there website was of the hotel and not the aparthotel that they were in fact false advertising,they agreed with me and refunded me in full.just make sure you get the right one.we enjoyed our stay at the bella vista hence was trying to book to stay again.

enjoy malta it is a beautiful place.

karen

leeds,west yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bella vista

your correct scubapro about the courtesy bus,also there is a short way to bugibba,through the back door of the hotel takes only 10 mins to bugibba square.and half an hour walking coast road.

10. Re: bella vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations