We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana Hotel Qawra

Northampton, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Santana Hotel Qawra

Any current feedback would be very welcome.

2 actve wrinklies thinking of visiting!!!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

You don't say when you want to visit. Personally for "active wrinklies" I think the Sliema area is much better, plenty of places to wander or sit out and easy to get to other parts from, not too touristy. Out of season Qawra VERY quiet.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

Sorry but I have to disagree with SeanB87 .

I have found Qawra to be lively enough even during the winternperiod when lots or regulars come for long stays.

There are plenty of shops and cafes all round and the bus station is only one minutes walk away.

The hotel itself is nice and the rooms clean.

The seafront is a very short distance away.

Have a nice stay.

Graham

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

Depends what you want to do and how active you are. But I agree totally with Graham. Qawra has a bus station - not far from Santana - and buses go to various parts of the island from here. The footpath on this coastline is block paved with frequent seating and various cafes, etc. and you can walk for miles. It is fairly flat - just an odd incline - and lots of people walk here during the day and evenings. During the evenings and weekends it is lovely to see Maltese families - and I mean families from wees to 80+ - enjoying walks here.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

Having visited the Santana in 2001 and then only last week I would have to say that my expectations were not met. I must add that it was relations that stayed there as we were somewhere else but on the times we did visit, it appeared dark and uninviting. Their room was clean but needed updating, looked very dated. They also commented on the breakfast as being very poor, with little variety but they did say the coffee and juice were excellent. The views from the rooftop pool area are still very good though there is still alot of building happening. The area of Qawra I found still be be very nice with walks around and along the prom.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

have to disagree with Tiana12.

I have stayed at the Santana and found it very friendly. I do agree that the rooms could do with a bit of updating but they were very clean ,had good maid service . The price was reasonable so I was not expecting the Savoy.

As for the food I found it nice ,both the breakfast and the evening meal.

The main thing is the position which is excelent.

I would stay there again without hesitation.

Graham

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

I too agree that you are okay with Qawra . The Santana is okay but try to get either a front or side room as the rear has some horrible waste ground next to it which makes for a rubbish view (excuse the pun)

Kirkcudbright...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

We are going in three weeks time for a fortnight can you please reccomend some nice places to eat?

dublin
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

there are lots of lovely restaurants in the area very reasonable too,we stayed in the santana three years go and really enjoyed it, there is a restaurant just beside the hotel called smalts it was really good,enjoy.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

The Overflow to the left of the hotel is one of my favourites and I always enjoy going to Luzzu on the Qawra seafront .. airy and modern with good food.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santana Hotel Qawra

Here are a couple more suggestions close to the Santana Hotel.

The Plumtree Restaurant

Overflow Restaurant

Or the Incognito Bar

All within about one or two minutes walk.

Graham

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations