We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tobacco prices in malta

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
tobacco prices in malta

We're visiting Malta in November 2011, this will be our first visit to the island, can anyone let us know prices for hand rolling tobacco & prices for cigarettes & best place to purchase. Many thanks Kenny

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tobacco prices in malta

Cigarettes are about €4.80 for 20 pack and rolling I think is about €50 for a 10 pack.The best place to buy them is probally in the airport when you are collecting your baggage that way you can buy what you like it easier if you want to use visa card etc.in the airport than in some smoke shops same price possibly cheaper you can get your booze there as well.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tobacco prices in malta

Their is no limit on the amount of declared cigarettes , but be careful that you buy packets that have the tax band on the packet as otherwise they will be confiscated at the airport !

Beware of super cheap prices!

The ones at the airport will not be contraband for sure !

Smoking can be dangerous for your health !

Welcome to Malta

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tobacco prices in malta

"Smoking can be dangerous for your health !"

If people wanted your lifestyle advice I'm sure they would ask for it. If you don't want to help people with what they requested without adding a little bit of your personal health advice then I suggest you don't answer the topic.

FYI smoking IS bad for your health and not "can be"

I am a non-smoker, but each to their own.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tobacco prices in malta

I had a heart attack 4 years ago because I used to smoke 80 Major a day

Smoking is definately bad for your health but now I use all the money I used to spend on smokes going to Malta it works out at €245.00 per week if you buy them over here.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tobacco prices in malta

I usually buy in the arrivals whilst waiting for my luggage (then I can pack some in my case because it is less to carry). Same prices as in the shops. approx euro38 - e40 for a pack of 200 ie e4.00 each. Top up from tourist shops or tobacconists then buy more on your way home at the airport.

Endorse what 643 says - some peope have been caught out buying cigarettes slightly cheaper that didnt have tax paid and they were confiscated. Check - there should be a metal hologram strip on each pack.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tobacco prices in malta

Most Eu countries have a 3200 cigarette limit only 2 I think differ Ireland and Greece .

Hampshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tobacco prices in malta

Lanzarote is in the EU but the allowance is 1 sleeve

stockport
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tobacco prices in malta

a pack of 20 costs 4.20 euro can buy them in the supermarkets watch out for the vending machines these tend to charge you 4.40 or more

Malta
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tobacco prices in malta

The Prices are as folllows;

Most brands are 4.20 Euro, Dunhill cost 4.00 Euro whilst Pall Mall & L&M cost 3.60 Euro these are the normal prices. In most bars all these price would be increased with another 20c

I'm Maltese & I'm a Smoker so I'm pretty sure about the prices.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tobacco prices in malta

hi, I was looking for prices for hand rolling tobacco regards kenny

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations